Through a partnership-based framework, Flameback Capital helps its clients achieve their financial objectives by providing investment advice and implementation of investment strategies.
The service that we provide involves:
- Development and review of Investment Policy Statement
- Advising on a customized portfolio
- Implementation of investment plan
- A live monitor and monthly performance report
- Portfolio rebalancing
- Tax loss harvesting
Investment Policy Statement
Flameback Capital creates an Investment Policy Statement (IPS) for every client. It’s the first step in creating a comprehensive and disciplined investment process. We recommend asset allocation and individual investment strategies or funds and their weightage after consideration of the following factors:
- Client background – Our Client’s background is the first consideration we must make because the needs and expectations of a 30 year old and 70 year old will be quite different.
- Investment objectives – We next determine whether the overall goal of our client is preserving wealth, maximising capital or having a regular stream of income.
- Financial circumstances – We then look at our client’s various financial details – income needs, cash flows, assets & liabilities and insurance.
- Return expectations – After considering cash flows, inflation and individual investment goals, we determine a required return of the portfolio.
- Risk tolerance – Financial circumstances, time horizon, behavioural factors and personal preferences are some of the factors that we consider when trying to determine our client’s ability and willingness to take risks.
- Tax considerations – Any specific tax related advantage or constraint that we’ll need to consider.
Customised Investment Portfolios
We have a roster of numerous proprietary strategies that can be divided by asset class, markets and correlation to traditional investments. This is in addition to providing access to traditional equity & debt funds and alternative investments.
This large bench allows us to customize investment portfolios based on asset allocation targets, return objectives, risk tolerance and other constraints such as legal, religious, environmental, etc.
Through our own tech platform and tie ups with Smallcase and IFast, we offer our clients the service of implementing their customized investment portfolio on their behalf and with their consent. We prefer implementing investment portfolios for our clients because it ensures that the individual investment portfolios are optimally and efficiently run.
We provide a live portfolio monitor to our clients and send a monthly statement to help track investment performance.
At regular intervals and based on the IPS, we restore the investment portfolio to its target allocation. Rebalancing brings the portfolio back to the ideal asset and strategy mix.
Tax Loss Harvesting
Prior to the end of the financial year, our system sells and repurchases securities that are experiencing a loss in order to off-set it against capital gains to minimize tax liabilities.